Thursday, June 5, 2008

Throwback Thursday

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To celebrate the top 10 debut of the BRILLIANT Lay It Down album, I decided for this weeks Throwback Thursday I'd roll with the soulful Al Green. In 1972 he released one of my favorite albums of all time Im Still Inlove With You, which Rollingstone ranked at number 285 on their list of 500 greatest albums of ALL time. One of my favorite tracks from the classic album was the track "Im Glad Your Mine." From the amazing intro with the drums to the subtle strings, it automatically became a favorite of mine before I could even appreciate what it was I was listening to....now sit back and ENJOY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...now I know for sure that that picture you use of yourself is from 30 years ago. Al is cool and all but he is sooooooo irrelavent in todays music. Oh wait, my grandfather just called...he says count him in with you!

RhythmicSoul said...

lmao yes its an old picture..because its a THROWBACK...hence the old song and what not...as far as irrelavent, who would u rather i use? Beyonce's "crazy in love"?...boy, boo