Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Videos: The Good, The Bad and the Rigotdamndiculous

So I come online today and I see a bunch of new videos that are out, 3 of which I decided to put my 2 cents on because yanno...thats what I do *shrug*...today its Ashanti, Robin Thicke, and Pretty Ricky...

First up we have Ashanti with her song "Good Good" from The Declaration, which is in stores now.

I Personally LOVE the video, its colorful, its creative and its very different from anything on tv right NOW...im not saying its anything different than what we've seen in the past, but it plays off the song lovely, 2 thumbs up! plus i think its adorable how she has her boyfriend Nelly in the video, about time they realize they arent as important as Beyonce and Jay, so they cant play all coy about their relationship and shit...they betta whore their asses OUT...The actual album is VERY solid, if not her best since her debut...I just love when folks get it together, dont you?...so does this mean we have to stop calling her Ashitti now?


Next, its Mr. Blue Eyed soul himself, Robin Thicke and his song "Magic" from his album Somethin' Else, slated to hit stores Sep. 8th.

I am in LOVE with this song...the video tho? ehh *shrugs* I can take it or leave it..personally because I see eliments of Janet Jackson's "Feedback" and alil of Chris Brown's "Forever" in it...Not to say its a bad thing but...those elements werent working in the original videos so why in the hell would it work here? Dig the new direction and sound tho! WeRk it Robin...cant wait for the release you damn genius you!

Now last...and definately LEAST...Pretty Muthafuckin Ricky....

I...JUST....CANT....
What in the bedazzled, technicolored dream coat, gay bonanza, magestic magician, type shit is THIS??? somewhere Chris Stokes is salivating, I just know it....This is so gay even Bravo would go..."a bit much?"....I can not and I will not...Im not even going to touch on them RUINING a classic, im just going to go lay down and try to get these images out of my head the best way I can....lawd that record deal coulda been put to some good use...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree with you about the Pretty Ricky, although I've never heard of them until today. I'm going back to that.

However, I didn't like the Ashanti vid but I loved the Robin Thicke one. I have never seen "feedback" or "forever" so I am kinda on the dark with that. My frame of reference leans toward Earth, Wind & Fire's "Let's Groove." His direction reminds me of the old school so I saw the old school flavor...not the modern inflections.

Tha Connoisseur said...

OH SWEET LORD HOW I HAVE MISSED THEE! :)

I can't believe Pretty Fuckin' Damn Ricky is still allowed to put out that stuff they do, cause it sure as hell ain't music! Makes my old ass cringe when I hear their name...