Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I think im finally buying what this broad is selling...

Maroon 5 Featuring Rihanna - If I Never See your Face Again



Now this song was originally featured on Maroon 5's sophomore album Soon Before Long and Being a big fan of Adam and the gang, I liked it, much like the album as a whole. Did I love the song? not really, did I love the follow up to their amazing debut Songs About Jane as much as the SAJ album itself? not so much... but did I like both, the song and the album A LOT, u bet ya...But now that the song has been reworked with, everyones favorite light skinned gal of the moment, Rihanna (since theres 1 every few years or so) The song is slated to be featured on not only Maroon 5's re release but also the rerelease for Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad . I must say this extra kick and sass is JUST what i think the song lacked, like many of the songs from SBL, they were all great but at times often felt like they fell flat and made u wonder what else could have been added to the song to really make them POP. The video is amazing the new embellishments are genius in my opinion, and dare I say it..this makes me like Rihanna and actually buy what she's peddling, now am I going as far to say that shes a credible artist that exudes creativity and is anything special? no..but will I roll my eyes slightly less when I hear her on the radio, sure.

but ALLLLLLLL I kno! is that on the Maroon 5 rerelease, their Mark Ronson remix to "Wake Up Call" featuring Mary J Blige BETTER be on that bitch...thats all I KNO....ugh how amazing would that video been? Mary rockin out, bouncin up and down, wig flyin to and fro...ugh I need a glass of water just thinkin of that hotness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm mixed race,(white/black) light skinned and I got my ass kicked by dark skinned kids daily as a child. Are you saying we don't deserve to be recognized by society as artist? If our skin is light colored we should step aside for a "India Arie" look? I don't think so! Just like you fags, we are here to stay, deal with it!

QH said...

OH...that comment above is SO not needed. On the song, meh...she looks good. She almost had me with the urban/euro/dance jam and classic "S.O.S." She channeled Soft Cell's tainted love superbly there. But you are usually on the money, she may be around. Good piece.-QH

Anonymous said...

I actually like old Ri Ri ... I think she's fun. I may actually pick up the reissue of her album.

RhythmicSoul said...

LMAO @ poppycock..im sorry but that comment, as ignorant and horrible as it was, is pure comedy and BULL!...clearly being able to read doesnt mean someone has the sense or brain capacity to UNDERSTAND what is being said...now i did mention Rihanna being everyones favorite light skinned girl of the moment, because she is..theres a new hot light skinned girl every few years that everyone flocks to, REGARDLESS of their talent level(beyonce, alicia keys, john legend* and etc)....While i didnt say she shouldnt be recognized, i simply said i dont think shes anything special, because she isnt..regardless of her skin color..so no i didnt intend for you to draw a correlation between my comment on her skin color and her level of talent, sorry u took it that way..and if u look to the right u see that im a few shades darker than rihanna..im not exactly walking around looking like wesley snipes...so U...can indeed save it

*im sorry, i just had to LMAO