Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thoughts????



Hey guys, a friend of mine linked me this video and i just had to share and get thoughts on it. Im all for backing a presidential candidate and what not, and i have, but for the longest ive wished that supporters would turn this into whos the BEST for office, not whos the blackest or who has the most hormones. I just wish those with a voice and the potential to influence would educate those, that are unwilling to learn or just dont know where to go or what to do, on each candidates pros and cons so THEY can VOTE for who they think will best benefit THEM, and contrary to popular belief, that may not be someone thats the same race or sex as you. Is being black or being a woman reason enough to vote someone into office? I dont think so. It boggles my mind when people tell me who they voted for and I ask why and they simply reply "because hes black" or "because shes a woman". WE GOT TO DO BETTA TO GET BETTA YALL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll rarely find a black preacher on youtube that doesn't have tunnel vision.

Anonymous said...

I can't even take it ... this is why people are making stupid-ass, uninformed decisions in this race. I fear for the future of this country and black people ...

Tha Connoisseur said...

PLEASE DON'T CUSS ME!!

Coming from a Canadian looking in, I have seen and heard some 'ish come from American's mouths during this election that leave me questioning the future of your country. I mean come on, Americans did vote Bush into power twice over. It's very scary to hear some say what you noted and I have heard it. You are so right for writing what you said, because it is true. You do have to do betta to get betta, otherwise it will be an ongoing cycle of bullshit paving the way to destruction man. There is no excuse in this day and age of technology, to NOT be informed. People need to stop looking at the surface of this race and the history it will make and look deeper. Some people done lost their minds!!! It takes but a minute to look up platforms and figure out what is right for you as an individual and who is the better person to put in office. So hmph (I can think of a better word) to the ignorant thinkers. They are not allowed to complain about anything, if they don't know what they are talking about.

Sorry for the rant, just a bit passionate. Hell and it's not even my country...lol