Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Mariah!!!!!!!!! + My 2 cents, ofcourse

Not only has the first single from Mariahs upcoming album debut today, but also the NEW album title and release date...Christmas came early this year for u Lambs out there....According to Mariah's Official site, the new album will be titled E=MC² and drop April 15. For you that havent heard the new track "Touch My Body" yall can mosey on over to ConcreteLoop.com...Now i woulda posted the song myself, but ehhhh I SHANT be victimized!...shoooooo...

My thoughts on the song? I think its really cute..nothing new, nothing special, EXTREMLY safe... A very safe track thats sure to impact radio in a BIG way...u can just tell when a song is MEANT for radio (todays radio atleast), the melodies are simple, the lyrics are on an almost remedial level and the singer usually tames his or her voice down to a none threatening whisper, unless ur Rihanna and yanno...thats considered straining and pushing urself, but anyhoo...For some reason I expected the song to be a club banging uptempo track, why im not sure....

Im keeping hope alive that Mariah will have some type of challenging and fresh material on her album this time around..shes been dabbling with the same formula for over a decade hoping it works, and we all know sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't....but before u lambs start hissing and getting that "WHAT THE HELL DO U KNO, MIMI GETTIN MONEY AND U JUST HATIN!!!" email all typed up and ready to send...i LIKE THE SONG! i repeat...i LIKE THE SONG!...i just want more from one of my favorite artist thats all *shrugs*...and i KNO Mariah's never been a Lauryn Hill or Amy Winehouse with the pen and pad...but "If Its a Camera up in here, then I best not find this on youtube"????

No comments: